Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Some of the Values that Shape My Work
Work with Families, Children, Schools, and Communities
Recent Professional Contributions
- Evaluation Consultant, Lower East Side Tenement Museum, Shop Life Tour
- Chair, Bank Street Graduate School, Assessment Task Force
- Consultant, Trevor Day School, Workshops on observing & recording
- Ed.D., Early Childhood Education & Child Development, Teachers College, Columbia University
- M.A., Early Childhood Education, Teachers College, Columbia University
- B.S., Child Development, University of Delaware
Selected Publications and Presentations
Gropper, N., Hinitz, B., Sprung, B., & Froschl, M. (2011). Helping young boys be successful learners in today’s early childhood classrooms. Young Children, 66, 34-41.
Sprung, B., Froschl, M., & Gropper, N. (2010). Supporting boys’ learning: Strategies for teacher practice, pre-K-grade 3. New York: Teachers College Press.
Cohen, D., Stern, V., Balaban, N., & Gropper, N. (2008). Observing and Recording the Behavior of Young Children (5th ed.). New York: Teachers College Press.
Gropper, N. (2004). Normalizing the need for help: What new teachers need. Bank Street College Occasional Papers, 13, 32-40.
Gropper, N., & Froschl, M. (2000). The role of gender in young children's teasing and bullying behavior. Equity & Excellence in Education, 33(1), 49-56.
Froschl, M. & Gropper, N. (1999). Fostering friendships, curbing bullying. Educational Leadership, 56(8), 72-75.