Saturday, November 08, 2014 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Evelyn Rome Tabas & Daniel Tabas Auditorium 610 West 112th Street, New York NY, 10025-1898
Gretchen Adams / 212-875-4461 / email@example.com
The Language Series 2014: Day Two
Exploring Academic Language and Literacy Development: Connections to the Common Core
Celia Genishi, Professor Emerita of Education and former Co-Coordinator of the Program in Early Childhood Education at Teacher's College, Columbia University, is an authority on early childhood education, language in the classroom, qualitative research and childhood bilingualism.
Keynote Address: Saturday, November 8 at 8:45am
- Integrating Content/Expanding Language: Young Children Wonder, Learn, and Talk About Their World
Facilitators: Celia Genishi & Susan Stires
- Speaking from the Heart: Attachment, Language and Emotional Integration in Young Learners
Facilitator: Lesley Koplow
- Bilingual development or learning disability?
Facilitator: Cristian Solorza
- Etymology + Animation = Etymation…Word study via animated cartoons
Facilitator: Gladys Aponte
- Whole Novels & Whole Stories: An Experiential Approach to Reading, Response & Analysis
Facilitator: Ariel Sacks
Click here for more information.
- $265 Conference fee.
1 graduate credit can be earned by attending the conference and completing online work after the conference. Additional tuition fee applies.