Each One Teach One 2014
Saturday, September 27, 2014 from 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Each One, Teach One is an annual event hosted by the Bank Street Council of Students (COS) to facilitate the sharing of ideas, research and experiences with graduate students, Bank Street faculty and staff, and School for Children teachers and parents.
In the morning there will be two components:
- Experiential Fair: This "Experiential Fair" will feature various activities, experiences, and developmental platforms that are meaningful for children. You will be able to stop by, stay for a few minutes, learn, share, and then move on to another table or display.
- Mini-Workshops: There will be three sections of 25-minute workshops. It will be set up like a conference, where you will select a workshop and stay for the duration. After lunch on your own or in a small topic focus group you can attend an hour workshop to dive a bit deeper into a subject area.
A sampling of the workshops and tables you can expect to see!
- Sade Nickels presents “Supporting Gender Creative Children.”
- Jen Oleniczak, the engaging educator will lead you through a crash course in Yes, And! in the workshop “Improv(e) your Teaching”
- Learn a technique to find a state of relaxed alertness in Jill Greenbaum's “The Joy of Developing a Zentangle Practice—for You and/or Your Students!”
- Natalie Tahsler ‘12, Ilana April ‘08, Caitlin Coe will co-lead a workshop highlighting the American Museum of Natural History's early childhood science program
- Back by popular demand is Larson Rose '13 with “An Educators Guide To Sensory Processing Sensitivity”
- Edna Moy, a 8/9s teacher in the School for Children, will share with you her success of practicing mindfulness in her classroom.
- Sherry Kassel ‘09 and Mary Biggs will lead you through a critical workshop called, “Common Sense Approaches to the Common Core using a Bank Street Approach”
- Aiesha Turman presents “The Importance of Gender-Based Community Education”
- Anna Bean and her team of youth organizers will talk about "Breaking the School-to-Prison Pipeline with Restorative Justice in Schools."
- Expect tables to check out on chair yoga for the classroom, social story books for pre-K students, museum activities for children with special needs, Bank Street's children's literature award winners, and more
Each One Teach One 2013
Take a peek at last year's Each One Teach One event!
Featuring the creativity of faculty, staff, students and alum from the Graduate School, School for Children, Continuing Professional Studies, and the bookstore!
Workshops that year included:
- Why I Started a Charter School
- Infant Development
- Blocks Curriculum at Kindergarten
- Highly Sensitive Children and Adults
- Autism Annotations
- Let Them Play: Building Teacher Leadership in a New York City Public School
- Online Education
- International Education
- Dramatic Arts as Literacy Intervention
- Folk and Traditional Arts Instruction
- The Art of Shop (Woodworking)
- Tray Painting
- Science and Nature Program at the American Museum of Natural History
- Reinventing Informal Science Education for Vulnerable Youth
Sponsored by the Graduate School Council of Students and Staff Council. Refreshments will be served.