Do you want to learn about edTPA?
Are you planning to get started on edTPA?
Have you already started preparing your edTPA portfolio?
If you answered “Yes” to any one of these questions, attend one of the edTPA Informational Workshops. You can register by following the directions on the workshop window on this page.If you have any questions, please contact me at email@example.com.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
- Register for edTPA and follow the instructions to select your content and specialty areas, institution, and answer background questions.
- After you register, indicate your portfolio system: Tk20. Select “Integrated Platform Provider.” An authorization key will be generated and emailed to you.
- Once you have registered, let your advisor know so they can notify Gretchen Adams (firstname.lastname@example.org) to have the correct template uploaded to Tk20. Include your authorization key in the email to your advisor.
- Complete your portfolio in Tk20.
- From Tk20, transfer your portfolio to the Pearson system, entering your authorization key when prompted.**
- In the Pearson system, review and submit your portfolio for scoring.**
**Be sure to allow adequate time before your planned submission date to upload and review your files in the Pearson system and to complete the submission process for scoring.**
Editing Using Quicktime (Mac Version)
Editing Using Windows Movie Maker (PC Version)
What are the technical requirements for video submission?
- File type: .flv, .asf, .qt, .mov, .mpg, .mpeg, .avi, .wmv, .mp4, or .m4v
- File size: up to 500MB, but 300MB is recommended
Early Childhood edTPA requires 2 video clips totaling no more than 15 minutes. Clip 1 should show whole-group interaction; clip 2 should show small group interaction.
Elementary Education edTPA requires 1 to 2 clips together totaling no more than 15 minutes that demonstrate how you interact with students in a positive literacy environment to develop essential literacy strategy and requisite skills and to support students to independently apply the essential literacy strategy to comprehend or compose text.
Special Education requires the selection of 1-2 video clips to submit (totaling no more than 20 minutes).