Use your contact with Teacher and Caregivers, or Program Coordinators to collect some basic information about your student:
- The student's name and age
- The student's first language and country of origin
- Information the teacher would like to share about the student's prior educational experiences
- Information the student would like to share about the student's social interactions with other children, and about the best situations in which they learn.
- The student's place of birth
- When did the student arrive in the country?
- How long has the student been in school in this country, in his or her country of origin?
- Do caregivers teach the student songs or poems in his or her first language?
- Do they read to the student in his or her first language?
- Does the student have books in his or her first language?
- What general topics have been covered in the student's class so far?