It is the policy of Bank Street College to afford equal opportunity at its locations to all employees and applicants for employment on a non-segregated basis and without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, alienage, pregnancy, arrest or conviction or conviction record, partnership status, status as a victim of domestic violence or stalking and sex offenses, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, citizenship status, disability, union affiliation or non-affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, as well as to employ and advance in employment qualified disabled veterans.
The College will take affirmative action to ensure the fulfillment of this policy, which pertains to:
- The recruitment, advertising, and/or solicitation for employment
- All hiring, placement, changing of status (upgrading and downgrading), and transferring of employees
- The establishment and payment of all rates of pay or other forms of compensation
- The selection of employees for training programs
- The treatment of employees with respect to other terms and conditions of employment
- The layoff and recall of employees and/or termination of employees
The objective of the College is to employ and promote individuals qualified and/or trainable for its positions of employment by virtue of job-related standards of education, training, experience, and personal capabilities. Employment decisions will be made to further the principle of equal employment opportunity.