CPS Course Listing
Bank Street College (# 1321) is a registered sponsor of New York State CTLE hours.
As of March 1, 2016 A registered holder of a professional classroom teaching certificate, educational leadership certificate, or Level III teaching assistant certificate is required to successfully complete 100 clock hours of acceptable CTLE during the registration period (ever 5 years) if they practice in a NYS school district or BOCES. See course descriptions for CTLE hours.
Remaining Spring 2017 Courses
Equity and Diversity: The Leader's Role in Inquiry and Advocacy
- The Reggio-Emilia Approach: From Theory to Practice
April 21 and 22
- Meeting the Diverse Needs of Beginning Readers (Grades K - 3) TEED565N
May 5 and 6
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit: Supporting Infants and Their Families and Working with the Health Care Team
May 12 and 13
Summer 2017 Course Hightlights
Click on the course title for details. Click here for the full Summer 2017 course listings.
- Play Techniques for Early Childhood Settings (Birth - Grade 2)
(online) June 29 – July 20*
*Synchronous meetings on Wednesdays, June 28, July 5, 12, and 19 from 7:00 – 9:00 pm EST with an optional tech support session on June 21.
- Writing Your First Children's Book
July 10 - July 31, 2017 (7 sessions)
- Behavior Mangement Strategies for the Classroom Teacher (Grades Pre-K-8) SETE508N
July 10 and 11
- NEW Utilizing BrainPOP in the K – 8 Curriculum
- Bibliotherapy in the Early Childhood Setting (Grades Pre-School - 3)
July 12 and 13
- The Reggio-Emilia Approach: From Theory to Practice (Ages Infant - 5 Years
July 12 and 13
- Language Matters! Supporting Mathematical Discourse in the Classroom (Ages 5 – 13) TEWS749N
- Working Effectively with Your Teaching Team (Grades Pre-School - K)
July 26 and 27
- Experiments in Arts: The Artistic Process
August 7, 8, 9, and 10
New workshops !
- Mathematics Support: Operations and Algebraic Thinking
Synchronous sessions: July 10, 12, 17, 19, and 24
7:00 pm – 8:30 pm (2-4 hours of asynchronous work is optional
- Language Difference Versus Disorder in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students
- Equity and Diversity: The Leader's Role in Inquiry and Advocacy