Some of the Values that Shape My Work
Work with Families, Children, Schools, and Communities
- Staff Developer, Westside High School
- Educational Lead Consultant, Cool Culture Literacy Through Culture Program
- Facilitator, Lincoln Center Institute
Recent Professional Contributions
- Fieldwork advisement to students in Leadership in Technology and the Arts program and in the Museum Education program
- Board member, Find Your Voice
- Member, National Art Education Association
- Member, American Association of Museums
- Member, New York Museum Educators Roundtable
- Lead Consultant, Cool Culture’s Literacy Through Culture Program
- Facilitator, New York Public Library, Building Community Partnerships 2012
- Museum Start-Up Advisor, Broadway Housing Communities’ Sugar Hill Children’s Museum of Art and Storytelling
- Member of Internal College Committees: Faculty Advisory Committee, Staff Council, Thomases Award Committee, Search Committee for Director of Leadership in Museum Education, Facilitator, Educational Leadership Department Retreat 2011
- M.S.Ed., Early Elementary and Childhood Education, Bank Street College of Education
- B.A., Drama Studies, State University of New York, Purchase
Selected Publications and Presentations
Palley, B., & Wiggins, C. (2012). Partnerships for early childhood art education: Lessons learned from Cool Culture’s Literacy Through Culture Program. Conference Presentation, National Convention. The National Art Education Association, New York, NY.
Palley, B., & Wiggins, C. (2011). Partnering for change: Making museums accessible for all families. Poster session presentation, Annual Conference. American Association of Museums, Houston, TX.
Palley, B., & Wiggins, C. (2011). Engaging parents as partners in early education in the arts. Seminar session presentation, Continuing the Conversation Conference. Harvard University Graduate School of Education Arts in Education.