Supervised Fieldwork Advisor; Course Instructor
Some of the Values that Shape My Work
Work with Families, Children, Schools, and Communities
- Public school teacher (K-6), New York City
- Assistant Director - Project Open Classroom, Wayne, New Jersey
- Madison Project Math Lab instructor - 10-session Saturday math courses for teachers, New York City Board of Education
- Advisor to Policy Studies Associates, Washington, DC - five-year national study of Portfolio Assessment
- Advisory Board to California Mathematics Leadership Program - supported NSF schools-wide change study
Recent Professional Contributions
- Independent School Consultations
Rye Country Day School
Rippowam Cisqua Lower School
- Public School Consultations
New York City Deparment of Education, Early Childhood Assessment in Math
- International School Consultation
Tsinghua International School, Beijing, China
Summit Professional Development Centre, Manila, Philippines
- Bank Street College Committees
Faculty Advisory Committee
Cross-College Retreat Committee
- Member of External Organizatons
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics (NCSM)
Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators (AMTE)
- Ph.D., Math Education, Union Institute
- M.S.Ed., Bank Street College
- B.A., Economics, Queens College, City University of New York
Selected Publications and Presentations
Moeller, B., Dubitsky, B., Cohen, M., Marshke-Tobier, K., Melnick, H., & Metnetsky, L. (2011). Math for all facilitator guide, grades K-2. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press.
Moeller, B., Dubitsky, B., Cohen, M., Marshke-Tobier, K., Melnick, H., & Metnetsky, L. (2011). Math for all facilitator guide, grades 3-5. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press.
Melnick, H. (1976). Metric learning/Teaching task cards. Mount Joy, PA: Childcraft. Math resource files for individualization total school mathematics enhancement program two teacher resource kits: Primary level (ages 6-8) and intermediate level (ages 8-11). (ESEA Title III Publication, Wayne, NJ First ed., 1974, revised 1976).
Melnick, H. (1974). Total school mathematics enhancement program: Intermediate level (ages 8-11). Wayne, NJ: ESEA TITLE III Publication.
Melnick, H. (1974). Total school mathematics enhancement program: Primary level (ages 6-8). Wayne, NJ: ESEA TITLE III Publication.