Director, Leadership in Community-Based Learning Program
Supervised Fieldwork Advisor; Course Instructor
Work with Families, Children, Schools, and Communities
- Mentor, Educational Studies, SUNY/ Empire State College
- Director, Center for Continuing Education, Sarah Lawrence College
- Head, Children’s School, Rockland Country Day School
- Volunteer Instructor, Rockland Learning Collaborative
- Volunteer, Rockland After School Program
Recent Professional Contributions
- Program Director, Leadership in Community-Based Learning
- Fieldwork Advisor, Leadership in the Arts and Leadership in Community-Based Learning
- Administrator, Bank Street/ DOE grant for ECAM (Early Childhood Assessment in Mathematics)
- Course design and instruction, Adult Development and Learning: Implications for Educational Leadership (1- and 3-credit versions)
- Member, internal Website and Assessment Task Force committees
- Respondant to LCBL student presentations at University of Pennsylvania Ethnography Conference
- Facilitation of Faculty Seminar on Anti-Bias and Diversity Work at Bank Street
- Ph.D., Educational Studies, Union Institute
- M.S.Ed., Child Development and Education, Sarah Lawrence College
- B.A., English Literature, New York University
Selected Publications and Presentations
Bloom, M., Glass, B., & Rassweiler, J. L. (2002). Remarks: Museums respond to September 11th. Pennsylvania Legacies: The Newsmagazine of the Historical Society of Pennsylvania, 2(2), 34-37.
Bloom, M. (1995). Multiple roles of the mentor: Supporting women’s adult development. In K. Taylor & C. Marienau (Eds.), Learning environments for women’s adult development: Bridges toward change. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
Bloom, M. (1991). Gaura Devi saves the trees: A musical project. In J. Goldspinner, et al. (Eds.), Spinning tales, weaving hope: Stories of peace, justice and the environment. Philadelphia, PA: New Society.