Samuel H. Kress Foundation Fellowship
About the Samuel H. Kress Foundation Fellowship
In recognition of Bank Street’s commitment to museum education and leadership in the field, the Samuel H. Kress Foundation has awarded a grant to the Graduate School of Education for a fellowship for art museum educators enrolled in the Leadership in Museum Education Program.
Applying to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation Fellowship
You will also need to complete a two to three page statement about yourself and the ways in which you have demonstrated your committment to the following:
- Involvement in the field of (art) museum education.
- The museum’s active role in the life of the community.
While much of this material is available in the formal program application, it is important for you to address these in your own words.
When you are finished, send your response to:
Brian Hogarth, Director, Leadership in Museum Education Program
Bank Street College of Education
610 W 112th Street, New York, NY. 10025.
Kress Fellowship recipients will make the following committments:
- Serve as an informal ambassador to promote both Bank Street’s museum education programs and the Kress Fellowships. Kress Fellows will represent Bank Street and the Kress Foundation Fellowships when attending conferences or when communicating with others in the museum world.
- Maintain good academic standing during both years of their graduate program, including submitting work on time and meeting the criteria set by the faculty and faculty advisors.
In identifying Kress Fellows, the Leadership in Museum Education program director and faculty advisors will collaborate with the Graduate School of Education’s director of admissions.
Priority will be given to Fellowship applicants meeting the following critieria:
- Currently working in an institution with the Kress family collections.
- Demonstrating financial need. All applicants must fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Furthering Bank Street’s institutional committment to increasing diversity within the field of museum education.