Current Degree Students
Fall 2016 In-Person Registration
- Students who miss registering during our web registration period are invited to come to our In Person Registration event, happening in the lobby of the main campus, August 31st, from 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm.
- This event is ONLY for students who were unable to register. Students who need to make changes to their schedules will need to wait until our Add/Drop period September 7th - 20th in order to adjust their schedules.
- Registration is completed on a first-come basis, so we recommend coming to campus as close to the start time, or even a little early in order to ensure maximum class availability. As a word of caution, classes can fill up.
- Payment is required at the time of registration. Please be ready to make a payment with the Business Office via financial aid, check, VISA/Mastercard, or cash.
- If you are not able to attend our In-Person event, but you would like to register without incuring the late registration fee, you may send a third party to register on your behalf. Please provide them with your full name, student ID#, desired class schedule (including section numbers), and information regarding how you plan to pay.
Remember to Meet With Your Advisor!
You must be given registration clearance on the web by your advisor or program director to register for a new term. Be sure to make an appointment with your program director or advisor to discuss course and schedule choices.
How to Register on the Web:
Log in to your account at http://my.bankstreet.edu account to register online during your appointed web registration period. Detailed web registration instructions are available after you have logged in by clicking on "Navigating My.Bankstreet" on the left sidebar menu.
When to Register
Newly accepted and returning students are notified via their Bank Street email of their appointed registration time. The web registration appointments are generated by proximity to graduation -- students closest to graduating receive the earliest appointments. Please keep your copy of the web appointment letter.
Logging On To Your Account
To gain access to My Bank Street, use your User Name and Password.
User Name: Student ID number.
Password: *bnk (in lower case) followed by the last 4 digits of your social security number
*This is the default password. If you have changed the password, please use your own personal password
For help logging on to My Bank Street, please contact the Help Desk at 212-875-4642
Detailed web registration instructions are available after you have logged in by clicking on "Navigating My.Bankstreet" on the left sidebar menu or view here.
Outstanding debts to the College or books/fines owed to the Library must be cleared before students are permitted to register. Admissions Office Holds must also be cleared before being permitted to register.
The Business Office can be reached at 212-875-4620.
The Library can be reached at 212-875-4455.
The Admissions Office can be reached at 212-875-4404.
Have questions about your position on a wait list? Visit our wait list FAQ page.
Registering for a Science Pre-Requisite Through the Museum of Natural History
Students who need to complete an undergraduate science pre-requisite will be notified by the Admissions Office at the time of their acceptance. Bank Street Students have the option for completing this requirement through the American Museum of Natural History. Please visit the Museum's Seminar On Science web page for more information.
Students are invited to view their textbook requirements and make purchases online via textbookx.com.
Directions to help navigate the online Textbookx store are available in pdf format. Graduate School textbooks are not sold through the Bank Street bookstore.
Village Copier (located at 118th Street and Amsterdam) provides course packet services for Graduate School courses. Graduate students purchase course packets directly from Village Copier. Village Copier can be contacted at 212-666-0600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student email accounts have been generated for all matriculated (degree-seeking) students. All electronic communications from the College will be sent to students at their @bankstreet.edu email accounts. Students are expected to bear the responsibility of receiving their College email, either by logging on to their @bankstreet.edu account regularly, or by setting up email forwarding to a private email address. For any questions regarding a Bank Street email account, including login instructions, please contact the Help Desk at (212) 875-4642.