Page Links


Students who need to provide an outside organization with proof that they are enrolled and earning college credit at Bank Street may request one of the following Verification of Enrollment options.

Letter of Verification

To request a general letter of verification be sent to a third party, please print the Request for a Letter of Verification Form (pdf) and either fax or mail it to the Registrar's Office.

Student Loan In-School Deferment

If your student loan lenders require you to verify your enrollment in order to defer loan payments, please print a copy of the In-School Deferment Request Form and send it to the Registrar's Office. Please be sure to indicate your lender's mailing address or fax number on Section 7 on the second page of the form, as we require this information to complete the process. Also, please speak with your lender prior to submitting any In-School Deferment documentation, as your lender may require a specific form of their own.

Students who would like the completed form sent to their home address instead of a lender can indicate this by writing "Send to Self" in the address field in Section 7.

Contact Information

Please feel free to fax or mail any deferment forms to our office. You can reach us by fax at (212) 875-4677.

You can reach us by mail at:

Bank Street College
Attn: Registrar's Office
610 West 112th Street
New York, NY 10025

Enrollment Status

Whether you are considered a Full-Time, Half-Time, or Less Than Half-Time student will depend upon your semester credit load. The following are our enrollment designations.

Fall and Spring Semesters

Full-Time Students: 9 or more credits
Half-Time Students: 5 to 9 credits
Less Than Half-Time Students: Fewer than 5 credits

Summer 1 and Summer 2 Semesters

Full-Time Students: 3 or more credits
Half-Time Students: 2 to 3 credits
Less Than Half-Time Students: Fewer than 2 credits

Note: While Integrative Masters Projects (IMPs) are zero (0) credits, students are granted a 6-credit equivalency (or more than Half-Time status) for the semester(s) in which a student is registered for their IMP.


For questions regarding general Verification Letters, please email

For questions regarding Student Loan In-School Deferement Requests, please email the Assistant Registrar, David Bryant at