Would your school or library like to participate in choosing the outstanding picture book of the year award?
How to Participate
- All voting participants must be six to eight years old (1st through 2nd grades)
- Any class, library class, or after school library program may participate
- Submit a registration form
- Purchase the four finalists for discussion at your local bookstore, online, or through the Bank Street Bookstore, which offers a special package of all four books. Call 1-800-724-1486 or email email@example.com
- For information on how the children can evaluate and choose their favorite titles, read the Award Curriculum
- Submit your votes by May 1, 2020 using the voting form (form will be sent to you in March 2020).
- If you would like the special seals to place on the front of your books, 1 gold for the winner and 3 silver for the honor books, please send a stamped, self addressed envelope to:
Irma Black Award
Bank Street College of Education
610 West 112th Street
New York, NY 10025