Have an IMP Bound
If you would like to have copies of your thesis bound for yourself and friends:
- Come to the reference desk with your printed copies
- Print, fill out, and sign the IMP Binding Request Form (PDF)
- Include a blank page on the top and bottom of your study
- Make sure your left margin is 1½ inches, and that all the pages are in order
- The norm is single-sided printing (easier to read and photocopy).
We accept cash (in person) and checks made payable to Bank Street College Library.
- Each copy costs $20.00
- If collecting your personal copy is not possible, there is a $7.50 mailing charge for the first copy, and $5.00 for each additional copy.
- If your thesis is to be mailed outside the US, contact Acquisitions Librarian Nora Gaines. Please include in your email the following details: destination country, and weight of copies to be mailed.
Theses can be bound in a variety of colors, and there are options for:
- White or gold lettering, at no extra, cost on the spine.
- The title of your thesis on the front cover for a small fee.
How Long Does It Take?
It usually takes 1-2 months for theses to return from the bindery. Please note, we accept theses for binding all-year round.
Mailing In an IMP
Can I Mail In My IMP?
Yes, you can! However, it is most important that you include (along with your copies) a:
- Completed, signed IMP Binding Request Form (PDF)
- Check made payable to Bank Street College Library. We do not accept cash for IMPs mailed in to be bound.
Please mail IMP copies to the address below:
Bank Street College of Education Library
610 West 112th St
New York, NY 10025-1120