The Center on Culture, Race & Equity (CCRE) at Bank Street College is launching a second year of the CCRE Collective, an online cohort program designed to support teams in reimagining and redesigning inequitable systems in learning and community environments. Whether you work for a school, district, governmental agency, or non-profit, the CCRE Collective will guide you in your journey to building inclusive and anti-racist environments where children, families, and staff of all backgrounds can thrive.
The CCRE Collective will run from September 2022 to May 2023. We welcome organizations invested in equitable systems change and can support the full participation of three key staff members with experience leading conversations about race, equity, and inclusion. This year, we will be accepting ten organizations (three individuals per organization), for a total of 30 people.
Applications to the CCRE Collective are due in two phases:
- Early Bird Application Deadline: Friday, May 27, 2022
- Early applicants are eligible for a $500 program discount (see Program Cost tab below for more information)
- General Application Deadline: Friday, August 12, 2022
Programming at a Glance
- Four foundational workshops designed to build your capacity for equitable systems change
- Four Communities of Practice that facilitate real-time application of skills and knowledge
- Four Coaching for Equity Circles that provide both direct coaching for equity experiences while building your capacity to coach others
- Insights and tools to navigate transformation in an organizational context
- A cohort-based model designed to foster connections and relationships that will sustain you personally and professionally in the journey towards a more equitable world
The timeline below is estimated based on last year’s schedule,
Month Activity Date Time September 2022 Foundational Workshop 1 TBA 3 Hours October 2022 Coaching for Equity Circle 1
Community of Practice 1
TBA 2 Hours
November 2022 Foundational Workshop 2
Coaching for Equity Circle 2
TBA 3 Hours
December 2022 Community of Practice 2 TBA 2 Hours January 2023 Foundational Workshop 3 TBA 3 Hours February 2023 Coaching for Equity Circle 3 TBA 2 Hours March 2023 Community of Practice 3
Community of Practice 4
TBA 2 Hours
April 2022 Coaching for Equity Circle 4 TBA 2 Hours May 2022 Foundational Workshop 4 TBA 3 Hours
- Foundational workshops will take place in September 2022, November 2022, January 2023, and May 2023 (3 hours each, during work hours)
- Communities of Practice will take place in October 2022, December 2022, and March 2023 (2 hours each, during work hours)
- Coaching for Equity Circles will take place in October 2022, November 2022, February 2023, and April 2023 (2 hours each, during work hours)
Our workshops, Communities of Practice, and coaching sessions will focus on four foundational equity elements:
Understanding Racism: Then and Now
This foundational session will deepen participants’ understanding of the origins and current-day manifestations of racism in American society. This grounding knowledge will be used to explore effective anti-racism practices and policies.
Push-out, Erasure, and Criminalization in Education Settings
Participants will explore how BIPOC, poor, disabled, and LGBTQ+ children are disproportionately pushed out of education settings. We will critically analyze how institutions, policies, practices, and mindsets often protect and sustain dominant culture to the detriment of historically excluded youth in schools.
Anti-Racist Practice and Designing for Brilliance
In this session, participants will develop/deepen the mindsets, skills, and practices that can interrupt inequitable practices and policies. We will use research-backed, strengths-based approaches to design for the brilliance of all students.
Strategizing for Equity
In this final session, participants will develop strategic plans and action steps that will be used in their organizations to advance equity. We will reflect on our learning journey and commit to maintaining a network of support as people lead for equity in their communities.
What you can expect from us:
- Experienced and caring facilitators with a deep investment in your growth and success
- A holding environment where people are encouraged to practice, test, and grow in their skillset while being held accountable for their energy and impact
- An eagerness to learn and grow from your expertise and feedback
- Reduced program rates for eligible partner organizations*
What you can expect to experience:
- Research-based programming that is firmly rooted in the principles of adult learning
- Action-oriented programming that results in the development of strategic plans and action steps
- An intimate group experience where vulnerability fuels growth and change; a lifelong network of equity-minded professionals in your field
- Discomfort, challenge, community, laughter, and love
What we expect from you:
- A $12,500–$17,500 institutional investment for a team of three from your organization (see next tab for additional details on pricing; early applicants are eligible for a $500 discount).”
*Reduced program rates made possible by generous CCRE partners.
Our program requires a $12,500-$17,500 institutional investment for a team of three from your organization. Actual cost is determined based on annual operating budget. Discounted pricing is available to early applicants. See the sliding scale below for more details.
Collective Sliding Scale Pricing
Annual Operating Budget Early Bird Price (for applications submitted by May 27) Standard Price (for applications submitted by August 12) Under $500,000 $12,000 for a team of three $12,500 for a team of three Between $500,000 and $750,000 $15,000 for a team of three $15,500 for a team of three Over $750,000 $17,000 for a team of three $17,500 for a team of three
How to Apply
How to Apply
Please follow the link below to submit an application.
Early bird applications are due May 27, 2022. Selected early applicants will be notified by June 3, 2022, and are asked to confirm their participation by June 10. General applications are due August 12, 2022. Selected general applicants will be notified by August 19, 2022, and are asked to confirm their participation by September 2.
If you have any questions that are not addressed in the FAQ or elsewhere on the CCRE Collective website, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.