Learn more about Emotionally Responsive Practice from the following publications
- Unsmiling Faces: Creating Preschools that Heal
- Creating Schools that Heal: Real-Life Solutions
- Bears, Bears, Everywhere
Articles and Websites
- The Importance of Play in Promoting Healthy Child Development and Maintaining Strong Parent-Child Bonds by Kenneth R. Ginsburg, M.D., M.S.Ed., et.al., American Pediatrics Association. January, 2007.
- Emotional Development and the Brain: Multiple working papers and articles regarding the established connection between brain development and social-emotional development. 2004-2006.
- Social and Emotional Learning: National Center for Mental Health Promotion and Youth Violence Prevention. 2006.
Promoting the Emotional Well-Being of Children and Families
- Policy Paper No 3 Ready to Enter: What Research Tells Policymakers About Strategies to Promote Social and Emotional School Readiness Among Three- and Four-Year-Old Children by C. Cybele Raver and Jane Knitzer
- Promoting Social-emotional Wellbeing in Early Intervention Services: A Fifty-state View by Janice L. Cooper and Jessica Vick. September 2009.