Fifth Grade (10/11s) through Seventh Grade (12/13s)
- As of August 15th, you can either Apply online (application fee payment by credit card only), or download our Application Form (payment by check). The application fee of $60 is a processing fee and is non-refundable as long as your application is processed.
- Transcript Release Form
Must be given to your child's current school to be completed and sent to Bank Street directly via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (212-875-4733) or mail:
Bank Street School for Children Admissions
610 West 112th Street, 2nd floor
New York, NY 10025
- Last Year’s School Report
- A corrected written school assignment from a current class
- Confidential School Report Form
- Applicants applying to the 5th (10/11s) through 7th Grade (12/13s) are asked to schedule the ISEE or the SSAT entrance exams
Attendance at an Open House is an important step in the application process. The evening event lasts approximately 2 hours from 6:30-8:30pm with a general overview of the school: a presentation by the Dean of the School for Children; a short film that provides a “fly on the wall” experience of the three academic divisions; as well as a tour of the facility with a parent/student team.
Register for a Fall 2016 Open House - October 6, 18, and 26. All Open Houses start at 6:30 p.m.
Visits are scheduled for approximately 2.5 hours during a weekday
- Student Hosts first give the applicants a tour of the school and then bring them to their first period class
- Applicants meet with the Division Coordinator of the Upper School for 20 minutes
- Applicants work on reading, writing, and math materials with a faculty member
Parents briefly tour the Upper School and then spend time observing various Upper School classes. Parents will have an opportunity to meet the Division Coordinator of the Upper School at some point during their child’s visit. Parents will also meet with the Director of Admissions.
If you are planning to apply for a Financial Aid award, please indicate so on the application and complete the Financial Aid forms using TADS. Applications for the 2017-2018 School Year will be available on November 1st. All Financial Aid applications must be submitted by January 1st.