Nursery (3/4s) - Half Day Program with Option for Full Day
Children entering the Nursery (3/4s Program) must be 3 years old by September 1st
- As of August 1st, you can either Apply online (application fee payment by credit card only), or download our Application Form (payment by check). The application fee of $60 is a processing fee and is non-refundable as long as your application is processed.
- Confidential School Report Form (pdf)
Attendance at an Open House is an important step in the application process. The evening event lasts approximately 2 hours from 6:30-8:30 pm with a general overview of the school: a presentation by the Dean of the School for Children; a short film that provides a “fly on the wall” experience of the three academic divisions; as well as a tour of the facility with a parent/student team.
Fall 2016 Open Houses - October 6, 18, and 26
Registration for our Open Houses will begin in late August. Our Open Houses are for families interested in Bank Street for the 2017-2018 school year.
One parent accompanies their child in play in the 3/4s classroom for 40 minutes. Parent tour followed by an interview occurs at a later time.
1) Parent Classroom Observation (tour):
- Parents are invited to learn more about the program by experiencing firsthand what takes place in a classroom on any particular day
- The Visitor Coordinator places parents in a classroom in each of the 3 Divisions when possible in order to get an overview of the educational approach through the years
- An Admissions Booklet with A Focused Observation Guide helps parents get the most out of their visit
- Every effort is made to place parents in the grade to which they are applying
2) Parent Interview:
- Interviews are scheduled after the child’s visit. We try to schedule them on the same day of the parent’s classroom observation (tour)
- Both parents are encouraged to come to the interview
- The interview provides an opportunity to get to know the family better, discuss what they are looking for in a school, and answer any questions they may have about the educational program, classroom visit, Open House, etc.
There is no financial aid available for the 3/4s. Families entering the school in the 4/5s or above may apply for financial aid.