Applicants for all master's degree programs must Apply Online. We no longer accept paper applications.
Applications are considered complete upon receipt of the following:
- Completed application form
- Non-refundable application fee ($65)
- Three letters of recommendation (downloadable reference form)
- A reflective autobiography
- Short Essays
- Certification documentation, if required for your desired program
- Graduate School Entrance Examination: GRE or MAT (Fall 2016 and onward for candidates applying into teacher preparation and educational leadership programs leading to certification) When submitting your scores, our school code for the GRE is 2035 and for the MAT is 3197.
After You Apply
If the Admissions Committee wishes to proceed in considering an applicant, a faculty member from the appropriate program will contact the applicant to schedule an interview. Occasionally, at the discretion of the program, applicants who live at a distance from the College may be able to interview by phone or Skype instead of in person.
Admissions decisions are made throughout the year. Generally, applicants are notified about the admissions decision within four to eight weeks after the application is complete.
For applicants who meet the priority deadlines, the Admissions Committee will reach an admissions decision prior to registration for the next academic term.
Financing Your Education
Applicants are encouraged to apply for financial aid before they are accepted into a program.
Applicants for financial aid must submit the completed FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to be considered for any/all aid.
If you wish to be considered for scholarships, please visit the scholarship page to learn about specific deadlines. If you wish to be considered for institutional aid and loans, you must submit the FAFSA by April 15. Applicants who do not apply by the deadline are not guaranteed aid before the beginning of the next semester and are not eligible for Bank Street Scholarships.
Visit Financial Aid for more information.
Other Applications & Forms
If you are applying for: a certification sequence, readmission to the school, a second degree, or the School District Leadership program, please see below for the proper application. If you are a currently enrolled student and wish to change your program, please submit the Change of Program form. All below applications and form must be printed, completed and submitted to the Office of Admissions. Please be sure to carefully read the instructions on the application(s)/form and include all required supplemental information.
- Certification for Bilingual Extension & Post-Master's Certification Sequences
- Application for other Certification Sequences
- Application for Readmission
- Application for a Second Degree (those who have already earned a degree at Bank Street College)
- School District Leadership Application