This edition includes more than 600 titles chosen by the Children’s Book Committee as the best of the best published in 2019. In choosing books for the annual list, reviewers consider literary quality and excellence of presentation as well as the potential emotional impact of the books on young readers. Other criteria include credibility of characterization and plot, authenticity of time and place, age suitability, positive treatment of ethnic and religious differences, and the absence of stereotypes. Each book accepted for the list is read and reviewed by at least two committee members and then discussed by the committee as a whole.
- The Best Children’s Books of the Year 2020 Edition
- Best Books of the Year 2020 Under Five List (pdf)
- Best Books of the Year 2020 5-9 years-old list (pdf)
- Best Books of the Year 2020 9-12 years-old list (pdf)
- Best Books of the Year 2020 12-14 years-old List (pdf)
- Best Books of the Year 2020 14 years-old and Up list (pdf)