You must be registered with the Library before you can place holds on books.
Place Your Hold
To place a hold on a book look for the Place hold link in the bottom left-hand corner of the Library catalog record. Make sure that you have registered with the Library first.
- If you are not already logged into the catalog, then you will be prompted to enter your login credentials:
- your full Bank Street email address
- if you are a parent use the email address you use to communicate with the School for Children
- the default password is changeme (we encourage you to change it).
- Only adult patrons can place holds on books (i.e., graduate school faculty and students, parents, and alumni).
- Patrons can have five active holds at anyone time.
- Select Next available copy for faster service.
- When a hold becomes available, the Library will send you an email.
- When you have successfully placed a hold, you can either View My holds, or check Done.
Pick Up Your Hold
- Items on hold will be placed in a fresh brown paper bag in the old scooter parking area in the lobby vestibule.
- You have five business days to pick up your holds.