Would your school or library like to participate in choosing the outstanding picture book of the year award?
Register to Participate
- All voting participants must be six to eight years old (1st through 2nd grades).
- Any class, library class, or after school library program may participate.
- Submit a registration form.
- Purchase the four finalists for discussion at your local bookstore or online.
- For information on how the children can evaluate and choose their favorite titles, read the Award Curriculum
- Share the books with the students in your classroom or via a closed platform such as Zoom or Google Classroom.
- Submit your votes by April 22, 2022, 5:00 PM (EST) using the voting form. A voting form will be sent to you in March 2022.
- If you would like the special seals to place on the front of your books, 1 gold for the winner and 3 silver for the honor books, please send a stamped, self addressed envelope to:
Irma Black Award
Bank Street College of Education
610 West 112th Street
New York, NY 10025