KidLit’s Livestream of BookFest @ Bank Street 2018 on Saturday October 20, 2018
- First panel: Collaborative Couples in Kid Lit moderated by Shelley Diaz with Candace Fleming and Eric Rohmann, Peter Parnell and Justin Richardson with Wade Hudson and Cheryl Willis Hudson (00:58)
- Second Panel: Authors/Illustrators: School Visits and Their Impact on Practice moderated by Dr. Emma Otheguy with Adam Gidwitz, Rita Williams-Garcia; Kat Yeh, Stephen Savage (57:35)
- Writing Boxes: The Reading/Writing Connection for Supporting Literacy in the Library presented by Lisa Von Drasek (2:01:40);
- Third Panel: Bringing the Read World to Life!: Illustration in Informational Books moderated by Gillian Engberg with Maira Kalman, John Parra, Roxie Munro, Melissa Sweet, Zeke Peña (4:36:30)
- Final Keynote: Adam Gidwitz (5:39:45)
A Celebration of Bilingual Books and Latinx Communities | March 3, 2018
- Opening Remarks
Opening comments by Director of the Center for Children’s Literature, Dr. Cynthia Weill and bilingual book author, Emma Otheguy.
Otheguy talks about the importance of books to her bilingual, Cuban family.
- Board, Bilingual and Books for Young Children: What Makes a Good One?
Sujei Lugo of the Boston Public Library moderates a discussion with board book author, Susie Jaramillo, picture book author Cecilia Rodriguez and author. Emma Otheguy
- Diverse voices in Latino Books
Dr. Sonia Alejandra Rodriguez of LaGuardia Community College interviews picture book illustrators Raúl Colón and Eric Velasquez, middle grade author, Meg Medina and translator, Teresa Mlawer
- Closing Keynote (Excerpt)
Author Meg Medina speaks about her Cuban family. Children’s Book Committee Award Ceremony April 6, 2018 Opening Remarks Program Acceptance Speeches
Children’s Book Committee Award Ceremony | April 6, 2018