There are four ways to renew books: online, in-person, phone, and email. Remember, there is a three day grace period before fines accrue, and children never pay fines for overdue books.
- Look for the Log in link (top right-hand corner) after clicking the Renew Books button below.
- Your login is the 14 digit library barcode on the back of your ID.
- If you are new to Bank Street (September 2018) your username is your Bank Street email address.
- The generic password is changeme.
- You can only renew items before the due date.
Come to the 5th floor and ask the circulation desk manager to renew your books. You do not need to physically bring the books to have them renewed.
You are welcome to renew by phone, please call 212-875-4455. If you leave a voice message please wait for either a phone or email confirmation that your books have been renewed.
If you email us, please wait for an email confirmation that your books have been renewed.
If You Don’t Have a Barcode
Come to the Library and register with us. We will give you a barcode so you can check-out books. Once you log in, you can manage your personal information, renew books, place holds, and create lists.