APA Citation Resources
All Bank Street assignments and independent studies should be formatted according to American Psychological Association 7th edition.
Links to everything you need to know about APA 7th edition.
- Style & Grammar Guidelines
Scroll down to view information on in-text citing, and creating a reference list.
- APA Style Blog
Search the APA 7th edition Style Blog to find answers to tricky questions.
- APA Style Guide Tutorials & Webinars
These tutorials and quick guides are being made freely available through July 1, 2020.
Bank Street Resources
- APA Style Guide for Electronic References (pdf)
Electronic resource that updates and compliments the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.).
- APA7 @ Bank Street eBook
An eBook of common APA 7th edition questions Bank Street students ask at the reference desk. APA6-@-Bank-Street (pdf)
- A Writer’s Handbook (pdf)
A very useful booklet for students to download and print. Contains information on how to format assignments and IMPs. Also includes an APA primer.
- APA Primer (Google Slides)
Brief overview of APA 7th edition.
- Citation Builder
North Carolina State University Citation Builder. Remember to select APA 6th ed.
- Citation Fox
University Libraries, University at Albany, SUNY. Contains templates and examples for over 900 different resource types.
- OWL Purdue
Everyone’s favorite citation resource.
A place to read, organize, and annotate documents. Works well with Zotero.
An easy-to-use tool to help collect, organize, cite, and share research sources.
APA Citation Help
Make an appointment to see a Reference Librarian for a one-on-one help with APA citations. We prefer at least two business days notice for all appointments. If you need immediate assistance, please see a Librarian at the Reference Desk, or Ask for Help Online
|Monday-Thursday||9:00 AM-7:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM-5:00 PM|
|Saturday||10:30 AM-4:30 PM|
The following books on APA citation are recommended and available for check out.
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). American Psychological Association.
- American Psychological Association. (2020). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (7th ed.). American Psychological Association.
- Houghton, P. M., Houghton, T. J., & Pratt, M. M. (2009). APA: The easy way! (2nd ed.). Baker College.